Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thrush

My daughter got sent home from daycare yesterday because her teachers saw white spots in her mouth. After 4 hours in the emergency room we got led back to meet the doc. He was ancient!!! He talked really slow like he just wasn't processing thoughts as fast as the rest of us. He diagnosed her with thrush and said "It's not contagious so she can go back to daycare in the morning." I took his note to the daycare and they wouldn't let me drop her off!! "Thrush may not be contagious to adults but it is highly contagious among other babies because they put things in their mouths." Now I have to go back to get a note from a pediatric doctor stating how long she has to be on medication before she is no longer contagious. The most irritating thing is that the daycare just said that she had to have a note to come back. Why couldn't they say "if she has thrush she can't come back for 48 hours." Then I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to drop her off this morning. So now she is sitting on my lap at work while I type this and wait for the Lieutenant to come back from his meeting to tell me if I can go home or if she gets to hang out here all day. grrrrrrr!

the one silver lining: If I get to go home with her I can work on making my first kit!

1 comment:

Madry Family said...

I know how frusterating that can be I've had several chances where I couldn't drop Isaiah off at school becasuse of one thing or another. I feel you on that one.